A variation of the waffle recipe that delivers light textured delicious results.
1 kgwhite flour
1⁄2 ozdry yeast
3 cmilk (heated until lukewarm)
4 csparkling water
1 Tcaster sugar
- In a large pot melt the butter, then add the milk and water.
- Add the eggs to the pot, then while stirring add the flour bit by bit.
- Beat with a whisk and add the sugar bit by bit while beating.
- Sprinkle the yeast in, stir the ingredients, then add the pinch of salt.
- Take off the heat and let the batter raise in warm place for half an hour.
- Heat a waffle iron with a little grease and cook the waffles one at a time.
- Serve with your own choice of toppings.