World of food and wine looks at a fascinating variety of customs and traditions in different countries across the globe, describing how the world cooks, eats, and drinks.
Golden mushroom steak
A really juicy steak from Down Under.
- Rub steak all over with pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steak to skillet and cook to desired doneness, flipping only once, then remove steak to a platter. Repeat for each steak.
- In the same skillet you removed the steaks from, add the mushrooms and 1 tbsp oil and saute until mushrooms have browned and are soft.
- Stir in the wine, soup, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil, turn heat down to low and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring several times.
- Dump the steaks (along with the juices on the plate) back into the skillet and simmer together another 3 to 4 minutes or until steak is hot again.