A wonderful treat from India, and despite simple, made superb by the delicious array of ingredients.
2tomatoes (cooked with water in microwave)
1ball of tamarind
4 clvgarlic (peeled and chopped)
1dry red chilli
2 Tfresh coriander (chopped)
1⁄2 Tmustard seeds
1 Tblack peppercorns
3 Tvegetable oil
- Dry roast pepper and cumin seeds and grind to a powder.
- Soak tamarind in one cup of warm water, strain and reserve.
- In a hot pan add the mustard seeds until they splutter, then adding the red chillies, curry leaves, and chopped garlic stirring well.
- Add the tamarind juice, the juice squeezed from the ooked tomatoes, the Asafetida, turmeric, cumin-pepper powder and salt.
- Add two cups of water and bring to boil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.