World of food and wine looks at a fascinating variety of customs and traditions in different countries across the globe, describing how the world cooks, eats, and drinks.
The ingredients given are for large quantities of this Panamian delice. Just right to organize a Panama themed party or feed a crowd at any occasion.
- In a large skillet, saut?® the beef and pork in the oil. While the meats are still slightly pink add the garlic cloves, onions and peppers. Fry for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, except the noodles and cheese. Simmer for 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Cook and drain noodles, follow the directions the back of the package.
- Heat oven to 275??F (130??C). Lightly grease a large, deep baking pan.
- Layer the noodles and meat mixture, starting with the noodles. Sprinkle the grated cheese on he top layer.
- Bake in a slow oven for 2 hours.
Johnny Mazzetti freezes very well and we have been told that it tastes better every time it is re-heated. If you were not planning a Panama themed party, don't worry, prepare the amount given and freeze in smaller portions to have home made ready meals.
| Nutrition facts
Percent daily values based on a 2000 calorie diet. Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.