The ingredients given are for large quantities of this Panamian delice. Just right to organize a Panama themed party or feed a crowd at any occasion.
- In a large skillet, saut?® the beef and pork in the oil. While the meats are still slightly pink add the garlic cloves, onions and peppers. Fry for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, except the noodles and cheese. Simmer for 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Cook and drain noodles, follow the directions the back of the package.
- Heat oven to 275??F (130??C). Lightly grease a large, deep baking pan.
- Layer the noodles and meat mixture, starting with the noodles. Sprinkle the grated cheese on he top layer.
- Bake in a slow oven for 2 hours.
Johnny Mazzetti freezes very well and we have been told that it tastes better every time it is re-heated. If you were not planning a Panama themed party, don't worry, prepare the amount given and freeze in smaller portions to have home made ready meals.
| Nutrition facts
Percent daily values based on a 2000 calorie diet. Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.