Micha bread, soft, sweet and delicious, reminds of the Panama Canal Zone.
- Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in a bowl with the warm water. Set aside for five minutes, then add the slat, butter, 2 tablespoons of sugar and warm milk. Start with only 3 cups of flour, mix very well before slowly adding the rest of the flour.
- Place dough on a liberally flour surface. Knead until dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Lightly grease a large glass bowl. Make a ball out of the dough. Place the ball into the bowl, and turn gently, covering the dough with the grease already in the bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and allow to double in size. This can take 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
- Punch down, the allow dough to rest for 30 minutes, doubling its size.
- Lightly grease 2 bread pans. Dived dough and shape into ovals. Place them into the pans.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 35-40 minutes.
1 tsp sugar = 1/3 Tablespoon sugar
Preparation time includes time estimated for rising.
|1||envelope of yeast|
|1/4 cup||warm water|
|1 1/2 tsp||salt|
|2 cups||of warm milk|
|6 cups||of flour|