A Norwegian treat traditionally tasted at childrens' parties.
4 1⁄2 ozbutter (room temperature and reserve a large tablespoonful of butter seperately)
17 1⁄2 ozmilk
1 4⁄5fresh yeast
28 1⁄5 ozflour
5 1⁄2 ozsugar (save a tablespoonful seperately)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan then add the milk and stir lightly.
- Add the fresh yeast and allow it to dissolve then take the saucepan off the heat.
- Except for the cinnamon, mix the bulk of the dry ingredients together (saving a spoonful).
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredient bowl and mix/knead for 10 minutes.
- Once sticky, leave in a warm place for 1 hour (not the oven or where it will cook).
- Knead for 10 more minutes then flatten into a rectangle 2/3 of an inch thick.
- Brush with the spoonful of butter and dust with the spoonful of sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll the dough up and cut it every 2/3 of an inch to get little spirals.
- Put on a greased baking sheet in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- Bake at 392 degrees Fahrenheit until lightly browned.