A recipe to make potatoes more nourishing and exciting without having to prepare a white sauce.
2 lb potato (thinly sliced)
1 onion (large, thinly sliced)
2 T butter (and a little for greasing)
1 c cheese (Cheddar cheese, grated)
1 c milk (warm)
seasoning (salt and ground black pepper)
- Heat the oven to 375º F. Grease a heat proof pan.
- Layer up potato slices, onion slices, dots of butter and grated cheese. Make sure the top layer is butter and cheese.
- Season the milk with salt and pepper. Pour over the layers.
- Bake on the middle rack for 1 1/2 hours, or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, rest for 15 minutes and serve.
1 hour, 45 minutes