The Colombian traditional, hearty and supremely tasty way to make chicken and vegetables soup.
1 chicken (cut into parts)
6 q water
- In a stock pot, place the chikcen with the guascas and water, bring to boil and cook until meat is tender.
- Remove the meat, cover it with foil and keep it warm to one side.
- Add the potatoes, in the same pot, and simmer on low heat hilst covered for 3 hours minimum.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, remove the chiken meat from the bone and cut into small pieces.
- Before adding the chicken to the pot, after the potatoes are done, mash the potatoes.
- Leave for 5 more minutes and season.
We can add more guasacas for the last 5 minutes when we season.