Potato salad is a lovely side dish, see it with homemade buns and baked beans.
2 1⁄2 lb potato (medium sized boiling potatoes, white, red or fingerling)
3 T vinegar (or to taste, cider vinegar)
5 egg (hard boiled, large)
1 c mayonnaise
2 T mustard (Dijon mustard)
1⁄2 c onion (chopped sweet onion)
3 celery (large)
1⁄2 c cucumber (chopped, dill pickled cucumber)
seasoning (salt and pepper to taste)
- Wash, and peel your potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Boil potatoes in a large pot with salted water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until they are soft, but not mushy.
- Drain, cool slightly and toss with vinegar.
- In another bowl, mash the egg yolks, reserving the whites for later. Stir in the mayo, mustard and onion.
- Chop the egg whites and celery then gently toss together. Toss in the dill pickle and potatoes.
- Chill for an hour in the refrigerator.