These novel individual all vegetable tarts are easy on the cook. Simply choose any colorful vegetable blend you like to fill the peppers, pour on an egg-and-milk custard and bake.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Stand peppers upright in custard cups or muffin-pan cups.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the vegetables into each pepper.
- In small bowl, beat together eggs, milk and seasonings until well blended.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the egg mixture over vegetables in each pepper.
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 60 to 70 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Saw tooth or scallop pepper edges, if desired.
Add 2 tablespoon sauteed onion for a sweet hint.
This recipe is very easy to scale if there is company for dinner. Just multiply the recipe to suit the number of servings you need.