Chaat is finger food, so don't be shy about picking it up and munching it right down. If you're particularly concerned about greasy fingers, just grab a little naan and surround the chaat.
- Wash and dice the potatoes and the tomato into small cubes, then slice the onion.
- Fry potatoes in vegetable oil.
- Place the fried potatoes on a paper towel to drain the grease, then mix in with the diced tomatoes.
- Toss in the onion slices and sprinkle the result with the masala.
- Then, pour on the lemon juice.
Chaat is all about frying, so it's better to fry the potatoes than boil them, but the latter is an option.
For a nice variation that is a little more spicy, add a bit of chili and cumin powders.