Baked Salmon is great to serve on Imbolg, Midsummer, Lunghnadh and Esbat Dinner, as well as Ostara.
- Clean and de-scale, trim fins, leave or remove the head and tail of the salmon.
- Fill the gullet with the parsley.
- Butter a large piece of foil and wrap loosely around the salmon. seal both ends then before closing the top, use the remainder of butter and dot the fish, season and sprinkle the lemon juice over the salmon. Seal the top, leaving a vent for the steam.
- On a baking dish, cook the fish for 1 1/4 hours at 350°F
- Remove the skin when done. Serve on a platter and garnish.
If you get a clean fish, the recipe becomes very easy to prepare.
Substitute butter with vegetable oil for a dairy free recipe.