Banana bread is just the treat to have wiht coffee, a cup of tea or a glass of milk.
- Heat ovent to 350° F and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine softened butter, sugar and beaten egg in a large bowl and then incorporate the flour mix.
- Fold in the mashed bananas.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350° F, or until a toothpick inserted in the midlle comes out clean.
- Let rest the banana bread in the pan for 10-15 minutes before moving it to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Cut into slices, about 20, when it is at room temperature.
For a richer loaf, add 1/2 cup raisins,r dried fruit, nuts or a little of all of them just before folding in the banana.
You can substitute 1 egg with 2 egg whites and 8 teaspoons of vinegar.