Serve banana custard pie when you want something sweet to finish off dinner or as a treat between meals.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F (180° C).
- Spread the apricot preserve over the base of the pie crust.
- Distribute banana slices over the jam.
- Mix cream and sugar with the beaten eggs and pour over the banana slices.
- Place the crust on a baking sheet and bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes, until the custard is set.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the custard while pie is still hot.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
To prepare a strawberry custard pie, follow this recipe but substitute sliced banana with 1cup washed and sliced strawberries, and apricot preserve with a strawberry one.
- Peach custard pie, with canned peach halves and apricot or peach preserve.
- Mixed berries and raspberry preserve.
- Blueberry and blueberry preserve.