A basic recipe for brownies so everyone can experiment from here.
- Oven rack should be in th middle position. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt butter and chocolate together, until smooth. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl. Setting aside.
- Whisk the sugar into the cooled chocolate. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla, then fold in the flour mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8 inch pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick or butter knife inserted in the center comes out with crumbs stuck to it. Do not over bake to the point the toothpick comes out clean. If there is batter not crumbs after 20 minutes, bake an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
By substituting granulated sugar with powdered sugar, your brownies can come out tasting slightly smoother and a tad sweeter.