Delicious peppers stuffed with hamburger meat.
4 bell pepper (green, large)
1⁄2 lb beef (lean, ground)
1⁄4 c onion (finely chopped)
1 c rice (cooked)
1⁄2 t salt
1 pn paprika
1 ds Worcestershire sauce
1⁄4 c bread crumbs (soft)
1⁄4 t celery seed
1⁄4 t curry paste (or curry powder)
- Wash peppers; remove stem ends, seeds, and white membranes.
- Cook bell peppers in 1 cup of boiling and lightly salted water for approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Brown ground beef with the chopped onion, crumble beef.
- Add rice, salt, paprika, celery seeds, curry powder and Worcestershire sauce, mixing well.
- Fill peppers with meat mixture and top each with the bread crumbs.
- Bake stuffed peppers at 350° F for 30 minutes