A good recipe to use some of those black walnuts from Missouri.
- Heat the oven to 350º F and grease a loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract and margarine in another bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the black walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake in the middle rack for 1 hour, or until done.
- Remove from the oven when done and cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before removing the black walnut bread from the pan.
Sifting the dry ingredients and mixing dry and wet ingredients can be done with a food processor, but the walnuts should be folded in by hand.