Bulgogi is a Korean dish made with marinated beef cooked over high heat.
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, ground sesame seeds, 2 Tbs sesame oil, crushed garlic and scallions.
- Marinate the beef in this mixture from 2 to 4 hours. Turn the beef in the marinade occasionally.
- Heat a wok with 1 Tbs sesame oil on a high heat. Remove beef strips from the marinade and add to the hot oil. Brown it quickly, until the beef is just cooked. Transfer to a warming dish.
- Add 2-3 Tbs of the marinade to the pan and lower the heat. Cook until the liquid boils and thicken but don't let it burn.
- Pour this sauce over the beef and garnish with the 2 Tbs toasted sesame seeds previously reserved.
Other ingredients to add to the marinade, optional, would be fresh ginger, grated, about 1 tsp, sake, or dry sherry, about 1 Tbs, chili flakes, about 2 tsp.