Up there, there is a local version of potato salad to eat cold. It is a very filling version.
7 potato (large potatoes)
2 sli bacon (cooked)
2 egg (hard boiled)
3⁄4 c mayonnaise
1⁄4 c vinegar
3 scallion (finely chopped)
seasoning (salt and pepper to taste)
- Wash and peel potatoes, cut into quarters. Boil in a large pot of salted water until tender, not mushy. Drain and cool enough to handle.
- Dice the potatoes into 1-inch squares and place in a large bowl.
- Slice 5 thin slices off of 1 of the radishes and set aside. Chop the remaining radish finely and add to the potato.
- Crumble one slice of bacon and add to the bowl. Cut the remaining bacon into 1/2-inch pieces and set these aside.
- With one egg, slice off the ends, then thinly slice five slices from the center and set aside. Dice the remaining eggs and add to the bowl.
- Gently toss all the ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the vinegar and a good dash of salt. Stir this into the salad in the bowl.
- Top with the sliced ingredients previously set aside. Sprinkle the top with paprika and chill for 2 hours.
Canadian bacon is meaty.