Butternut squash tastes great when a little sweet.
1⁄4 c butter (melted)
1⁄4 c honey
1⁄2 c pecan nuts (chopped)
1⁄4 t cinnamon
1 butternut squash (large, quartered lengthwise)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Remove seeds, then arrange the squash pieces, hollow side down, in a large baking dish. At a depth of about 1/4 inch, pour hot water in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake butternut squash at 350° F for 50 to 60 minutes, until tender.
- Cool squash until comfortable to handle, then peel.
- Slice squash into 1/2 inch slices. Place in a 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- Pour the butter and honey over squash, and then sprinkle with chopped pecans and the cinnamon.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 15 to 25 minutes, until butternut squash is glazed and hot.
Substitute 1/4 cup melted butter with 1/4 cup sunflower oil for a dairy free, strict vegetarian recipe.