With the double cream this ice cream will be smooth and creamy and taste just as good as any gourmet style ice cream.
- Line a cookie sheet completely with foil.
- Butter the foil well with 1 tablespoon of the butter and set aside.
- Place the remaining butter into a skillet place over medium heat.
- Stir in the pecans and sugar.
- Stirring constantly, cook the mixture for 7 minutes or until the sugar has completely melted and turned brown.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Separate the pecans into cluster and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled break the clusters into small chunks.
- Pour the half and half into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla and stir until the brown sugar has completely dissolved.
- Gently stir in the whipping cream.
- Pour the cream mixture into the ice cream maker's freezer canister.
- Freeze according to the direction for the ice cream maker.
- Stir in the pecan chunks then allow the ice cream to ripen for 4 hours.
Serve it by itself or over a butterscotch or brownie square for dessert.