What happens when you have a few sweet potatoes left over, but not enough for a whole dish? Add some carrot and prepare a carrot ans sweet potato soup instead; and vice versa..
- In a large pan heat the olive oil and add the onions. Gently sautee for approximately 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the carrots and mashed sweet potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes (stirring often).
- Now add the stock and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until carrots are tender and liquid has reduced.
- Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool.
- Place the soup mixture in a food processor or blender and blend on high for approximately 2 minutes; longer if you prefer a smooth soup, a little less if you prefer a chunkier texture.
- Place the soup back in the pan and gently heat again.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with a little fresh cilantro and a dollop of crème fraiche in each bow.
Use low fat plain yogurt as an alternative to crème fraiche. The recipe is gluten free if the vegetable broth is gluten free.