These Cheerio nuggets are not gold, but kids will like them more than if they were.
1 c brown sugar
1⁄4 c corn syrup (light corn syrup)
1⁄2 c butter
1⁄2 t salt
1⁄2 t baking soda
1 c nuts (chopped, your choice of nuts)
1 c raisin
- Preheat oven to 250° F (130° C)
- Grease 2 9x13 inch pans, and grease a 4 quart bowl.
- Heat the sugar, syrup, butter, and salt in 2 quart pan, stirring until bubbly around edges.
- Remove from heat and stir in soda until foamy and light colored.
- Pour over Cheerios, nuts, and raisins. Stir until mixture is coated. Spread evenly in the 2 pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir. Set aside and let stand until cool.
- Break into bite-size portions.
Servings are snack size.
If adding raisins, be sure they do not hav pips, use seedless raisins.