Snack mixes and trail mixes are popular as they are considered a healthy option to cookies and other sweet treats. Make your own snack mix out of Cheerios.
- Preheat oven to 250°F (125° C)
- Mix together the Cheerios, raisins and peanuts.
- In a medium sized saucepan, mix the butter, brown sugar and honey or corn syrup together. Bring to a boil, allow it to boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in baking soda.
- Pour the butter mixture over the Cheerios mixt and coat well.
- Place in a jelly roll pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before breaking apart.
Store in an airtight container.
Make your own snack mix out of Cheerios with this easy recipe.