Try cheesy chicken nachos to get acquainted with the Mexican in you.
Poach the chicken
- Pour 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil, then immediately turn the heat down to low and carefully place the chicken in the water, making sure they are in the water. Loosely cover the saucepan and simmer over very low heat for 10 minutes, or until chicken is not pink in the center.
- Remove chicken from saucepan and allow to cool, then shred the chicken into small pieces using two forks.
Prepare the topping
- In a bowl, mix together taco seasoning mix and the oil until you have a smooth paste, then stir in the sour cream.
- Add green chiles, onion, and shredded chicken, tossing lightly to combine.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange tortilla chips on a broiler proof pan and spoon the chicken mixture over evenly, then sprinkle the Cheddar cheese over the top.
- Put broiler pan 4 to 5 inches under the broiler heat and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the Cheddar cheese melts and chicken mixture gets hot.
Sprinkle the tomato, cilantro, and olives on top and serve immediately.
Cilantro is the Spanish word for coriander.