This recipe becomes easy if you have ready-made cheese sauce.
8 leek (washed, trimmed and cut)
1⁄2 lb ham (cooked ham, diced)
2 T butter (and some more to grease the pan)
1 T flour
1 t mustard
2 c milk
6 T cheese (grated)
seasoning (salt and pepper to taste)
- Melt the butter over a medium heat. Stir in flour and mustard. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually, pour in the milk, stirring frequently, and cook until the liquid starts boiling.
- Remove from heat and mix in 4 Tbs grated cheese. Season to taste.
Leek and ham bake
- Cut leeks into 6-inch chunks and cook in salted boiling water until tender. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Place leeks and ham into a greased oven pan.
- Pour sauce over leeks and bacon and sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.
You can easily mix cooked pasta or crouton with the leek and ham to make a more filling meal.