This recipe will quickly become a family favorite once you give it a try.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and heat olive oil in pressure cooker and brown the chicken, remove chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, red bell pepper and tomato and cook until the onion is soft.
- Add rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add peas, stock, salt chicken and chorizo with any accumulated juices. Stir well.
- Lock the lid, bring to pressure, then lower heat and cook for 7 minutes at 15psi. Allow pressure to drop by quick release or auto release, then remove lid.
- Serve and enjoy!
Consider this a pressure cooker version of paella with chicken and chorizo, which is optional for this recipe but it really adds a nice flavor.
You can omit browning the chicken and the recipe will come out very nice, as well.