Enjoy chicken breasts with balsamico with plain rice and steamed vegetables, couscous and a side salad, or a healthy risotto with peas.
- Heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan and sauté the marinated chicken breasts for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Add the marinade, bring to a quick boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Turn the chicken over once.
- After 10 minutes check that the chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan, cover with foil and set aside.
- Bring the marinade to a boil again and simmer until the mixture turns syrupy - about 10 minutes.
- Serve by spooning the balsamic syrup over each chicken breast.
- Combine chicken broth, garlic, sugar, balsamic vinegar and thyme in a bowl and season well.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over. Marinade the chicken for about 15 minutes at room temperature, turning over once.
Although we prefer olive oil for cooking, butter, in moderation, can be part of a healthy diet. Substitute 1 T butter with 1 T olive oil for a dairy free recipe.
This recipe is gluten free as long as the chicken broth used is free of gluten. Balsamic vinegar should not contain gluten, check the list of ingredients.