This is what was known as an square meal: meat, vegetables and milk or cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Boil 2 cups chicken broth in a medium sauce pan. Stir in the rice. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Using a small bowl, mix cornstarch with the remaining chicken broth. set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken with thyme, sage, basil, parsley, and marjoram into the skillet. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Drain, cool off enough to handle and cube.
- Saute the onion in the skillet, for 5 minutes, or until browned and tender.
- thoroughly mix rice, cornstarch mixture, chicken, onion, spinach, and cottage cheese in a large bowl.
Pour the mixture into a medium casserole baking dish. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with Parmesan cheese, and dot with butter. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, surface should be lightly browned.
If you don't have it and want to have the casserole ready for the oven quick, substitute 3 cups chicken broth with 3 cups water + 4 cubes chicken bouillon - reduce seasoning.