Winner of the Best Warm Salad Competition at All Foods Natural. Scrumptious flavors that blend together beautifully.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Ranch dressing, sour cream, and 2 cups salsa. Put in the refrigerator.
- Next, pepper both sides of each of the chicken tenderloins. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Put over medium-high and add the chicken. Cook turning until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 10-12 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, mix refried beans and 1/2 cup salsa in a medium saucepan. Heat beans over medium heat until warm, about 6-8 minutes.
- When chicken is done put in a food processor and shred or shred with a fork and knife.
- Get out 4 plates and spread 12 chips out on each plate. Top the chips with 1/4 of the bean mixture on each plate. Top each with 1/4 of the lettuce and 1/4 of the shredded chicken. Top each with tomatoes and avocado slices. Then top each with 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup onions (optional), 1 Tbsp jalapeno slices (optional). Top each with 1/2 cup of salsa and serve.
Dice the avocados just when you prepare the salad. Though lemon juice prevents discoloration in the avocados it interferes with the dressing. Rub the minimum amount, if using at all.
This salad is delicious and if you want to enjoy the flavor and health benefits but reduce the calories -because you are on a weight loss diet- halve the grated cheese and avocado and try to use only 1-2 Tbs of the dressing on your portion.