Serve chicken stir fry with Chinese noodles or steamed rice. The chicken in this recipe can be easily substituted with other meat.
- Heat half the oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. Stir fry the vegetables for 3-4 minutes, until tender but still crisp. remove from pan.
- Add the other half of the oil to the wok. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade, and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Return vegetables to the wok, stirring continuously. Add 4 Tbs from the liquid the mushrooms were soaked in.
- Pour in the reserved marinade. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Reserve the liquid the mushrooms were soaked in and add 4 Tbs of this liquid for more flavor.
Marinate the chicken in a mix of equal parts of soy sauce and rice wine. Add the cornstarch to the marinade, or mix it with the liquid left after removing the chicken, before adding it to the wok.
If you don't have it, substitute rice wine with dry sherry.
The meat should be skinless and boneless, cut into thin strips - same size for even cooking. Chicken breast is the best option, chicken thighs would be the next best thing.