Add zing to this deviled crab with your choice of brandy, dry sherry or lemon juice.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Heat butter in a skillet over a medium-low heat. Cook shallots until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add white sauce, brandy, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, parsley and crab meat, stirring to mix well. Season.
- When it is about to boil, transfer to a buttered shallow oven pan. Sprinkle breadcrumbs and grated cheese on top.
- Bake on top rack for 10-15 minutes.
Use béchamel sauce sauce. Béchamel sauce is a white sauce where the milk has been flavored by steeping vegetables (carrot slices, bay leaf) in very hot milk for about 30 minutes before actually making the sauce.
If you have the white sauce ready, this recipe is very easy. It takes a moderate amount of time if you include preparing your own white sauce.