This soup looks and tastes rich, but it has only a few calories.
- Place your ginger and wine into a small saucepan. Bring to just a simmer. Remove from heat and steep while preparing the soup.
- In a large stockpot, cook onions, celery, and the garlic in 1/2 cup of the broth until the onion has wilted.
- Add the remaining broth and the squash . Bring to a simmer, simmer until the squash is tender adding more broth or water when needed.
- In a food processor or blender, purée the squash mixture until smooth and silky. Do in batches so not to overflow the food processor.
- Whisk in the yoghurt and milk into the purée. Discard your ginger and add the reserved wine to the soup.
- Reheat without bring to a boil (boil can cause the soup to curdle) Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and just sprinkling of chives.
The wine in this recipe is a very small amount and it adds flavor. However, omit the white wine and add extra chicken broth, if you wish.