Ham is a traditional Easter meat that can form the centerpiece of an easy-to-fix meal. A 6-pound ham takes a while to cook, but is ultra-easy to prepare and there is a great apple chutney recipe to go with it.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and set the rack to the center.
- Place the ham in a shallow pan and then bake for about an hour and a half.
- Peel, core and dice the apples. Dice the bell pepper and chili peppers.
- Then, in a large saucepan bring the vinegar to a boil and stir in the brown sugar until it's dissolved. Add the bell pepper and chile peppers. Boil the result for about 8 minutes. Add the apples and simmer until they're tender, but not mushy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Then remove and allow to warm to room temperature to serve.
After that exhausting effort of hiding and finding eggs, opening gifts from Easter baskets, and more, an easy supper will be appreciated by the cook.
This is a great Easter dinner recipe but don't limit yourself only to Easter. This recipe is perfect for other times when you need to feed a crowd.