Make easy chili crab cakes your healthy choice. This recipe is easy, quick to prepare, and brings to you the goodness of seafood with a chili kick.
- Place the crabmeat, spring onions, lime zest, coriander and chillies in a bowl. Mix well and add the breadcrumbs, mix again.
- Form four small patties out of the mixture and place in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Now, heat 1/2 Tbs of oil in a frying pan. Dip the patties in flour to coat thoroughly.
- Place the patties in the hot oil and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Now add the rest of the oil to the pan and turn the patties over. Fry for another 3 minutes.
- Serve straight away, with lime wedges on the side and a sprinkle of cilantro over patties.
Very nice served with a side salad and some warm crusty bread.
To make homemade breadcrumbs simple place a slice or two of whole wheat bread in a food processor or blender and whiz on high for one minute.
Crab meat is easier to digest and leaner than beef. The chili gives these crab cakes a second healthy kick. This recipe is easy and quick to prepare, you can make it one of your healthier choices.