No baking required to make this chocolate almond crunch, and this makes this recipe very suitable to let the kids cook with you.
- Toast the slivered almond in a frypan, no need to add any cooking oil, for a couple of minutes. Mix them with corn flakes.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave oven. Let it cool down and thicken and then melt again.
- Mix the melted chocolate with the almonds and corn flakes.
- Layer baking parchment on top of a tray, set a 3 inch ring on top. Fill the ring with 2 Tbs of the mix, pressing down slightly to shape it. Repeat until you have 12 cookies.
- Let it cool down. It will take about 2 hours at room temperature.
If you don't have a weight at hand, 3 oz slivered almonds are about 3 tablespoons, heaped - 4 oz cornflakes are 2-3 cups, depending on the brand - 10 oz chocolate are about 2½ cups, grated.
Make three batches, one with dark chocolate, one using milk chocolate and a third using white chocolate. A real treat!
And consider this recipe dairy free if you only use dark - milk free - chocolate.