If you carve your own pumpkins, cook the pulp and keep it to make a crustless pumpkin cake.
- In the food processor, combine the eggs an sugar until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and raisins or nuts. Stir in the cooked and mashed pumpkin.
- Turn the batter into two round cake molds, greased and lightly floured.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Unmold and stack the cakes, and ice with an orange, tinned, frosting.
When you don't have much time to make a pumpkin cake from scratch, the food processor and tinned frosting will do.