A savory vegetable,fish and meat stew all the way from Nigeria.
1⁄2 lb coriander seed (crab claws)
1⁄2 lb chili pepper (blended)
1 lb tomato (blended)
1 pk tomato paste
2 onion (blended)
21 oz broth
- In a large pot we season the meats with salt and pepper, add water and bring to boil for 30 minutes.
- Add the seafood except for the crayfish and the snails and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and put the mixture aside.
- Clean the pot with water then cover it in palm oil, which once hot, we add the tomatoes, chillies and onions to.
- Stir frequently for 10 minutes then add the tomato paste for a further 5 minutes.
- Return the meats to the pot simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the soko (or spinach) for 5 more minutes, check for seasoning and serve.
1 hour, 15 minutes