A lovely vegetarian dish, created in England, inspired by travels.
2 T cooking oil
6 onion (sliced)
1⁄4 c tamari
1⁄2 t garlic (garlic powder)
1⁄4 t paprika
1⁄4 t parsley
1⁄4 t basil
1⁄4 t oregano
3 clv garlic (diced)
2 1⁄2 c water
4 eggplant (peeled and sliced thinly)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, adding the onions, 2 tablespoons of tamari and the other ingredients except the tahini, water and eggplants.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the remaining tamari with the tahini and add water but without making it too watery.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and on a baking tray place a thin layer of the tahini sauce.
- Add a layer of eggplant, then onions and repeat until finished.
- If some is left over, sprinkle paprika on top of all the layers.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
1 hour, 5 minutes