South Africans can enjoy the reward of its two oceans. There is always a fresh catch. But fish fingers are a kid's favorite in many countries, not only in South Africa. Do try to prepare this at home with the help of your children.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Coat each fish strip with flour. Dip the floured strips into the eggs; then dreg and roll them in the crumbs until fully covered.
- Arrange the fish fingers on a baking sheet, spray them lightly with vegetable cooking spray,
- Bake fish fingers for 15-20 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Distribute fish fingers among 4 plates. Place 1 Tbs Tartar sauce on the side.
Place flour, beaten egg and bread crumbs each in a shallow bowl. This will make easier to coat the fish.
Bread crumbs are the traditional coating for fish fingers, but other curmbled cereals can be used, corn crumbs, for instance. To make corn crumbs, put the corn chips, tortilla chips, or cornflakes in a plastic bag; crush them with a rolling pin, and then place the crumbs into a bowl.
White fish refers to any white flesh fish available, such as cod, hake, coley, etc.