Warm weather does not mean we say good bye to healthy beans and pulses. Cooked beans make excellent salads.
- Prepare the dressing by placing oil, vinegar, salt and sugar in a large salad bowl and whisking briskly to combine. Add parsley and onion, stir.
- Add chickpeas, white and pinto beans, mix with the dressing. Let them soak the flavor while you wash and prepare the tomatoes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cooked green beans to the salad bowl.
- Flake the tuna and add to the bowl.
- Toss the salad, chill for 20 minutes and serve.
If you don't fancy to cook and let cool down beans, use 2 16 oz cans of asssorted beans, drained and washed.
Vary color by using chopped yellow onion and white wine vinegar, or chopped red onion and red wine vinegar. Substituting wine vinegar with cider vinegar would add more accent to the sweet flavors.