A recipe for a simple salad with tomato and French beans or green beans.
3 c green beans (or green beans, washed, ends trimmed)
2 tomato (washed and cut)
1⁄2 clv garlic (optional, peeled)
2 T olive oil
2 t vinegar (white wine vinegar)
1 T parsley (fresh parsley, finely chopped)
seasoning (salt and pepper to taste)
- Steam the beans for 15 minutes - alternatively, cook the beans in boiling water for 8-9 minutes - until tender.
- While the beans are cooking, rub the inside of a salad bowl with the garlic, if using.
- Drain beans and place them in the bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add vinegar, oil and chopped parsley.
- oss to coat well.
Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.