A French garlic vinaigrette is an ideal dressing for a green leaf salad.
- Tear lettuce leaves into bite sized pieces and place them in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley.
- Pour about half of the dressing over salad leaves.
- Toss until lettuce pieces are well coated and no dressing remains in bottom.
- Pour the rest of the dressing and toss again.
- Serve straight away.
Boston lettuce and Romaine lettuce are a good mix for a French green salad. Alternatively, use half a head Iceberg lettuce.
To prepare lettuce for salad, separate leaves, throwing away any that are wilted or discolored. Wash salad leaves thoroughly. Drain and dry by placing leaves on paper towels. Place clean leaves in a plastic bag along with the paper towels, which will absorb any remaining water. Refrigerate for at least half an hour.