You can use fresh pasta - a must for the best dishes - or you can make it yourself. If you choose to make it, here's how...
- Just pour a mound of flour into a bowl and make a valley in the center.
- Add the egg yolks, olive oil, salt, and water, then mix well. Pour on melted butter.
- Let it rest, covered with a moist towel for about an hour.
- Knead well and roll out flat with a rolling pin, then refrigerate for half an hour.
- Slice the dough into strips about 1/4 inch wide.
- Once they've had a chance to dry out a little bit, you can dump them into boiling water for about 6-8 minutes.
- Once finished, drain but don't rinse.
- Then pour warm sauce over the cooked noodles.
Beware overcooking, since the pasta should be al dente.
Do not rinse the boiled pasta. The starch helps the sauce stick.