A simple recipe for pan-fried medallions of deer with wild mushrooms.
- Cut sirloin into 10 steaks.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pan-fry until medium rare.
- Saute the onions in butter and garlic.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce to half.
- Add the brown stock, adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour sauce over top of steaks before serving.
White button mushrooms - cahmpignons de Paris.
Yellow musrooms - chantarelles, probably frozen
Wood mushrooms - bolet or cêpes, probably frozen.