This is a simple German pea soup (erbsensuppe) recipe with potatoes and Wiener Würstchen sausages. It is as comforting as it is delicious.
- Melt butter in a pan. Stew the onions in the butter until translucent. Add the diced bacon and greens.
- Next, add the potatoes to the pan, together with carrot, the peas and the beef stock.
- Bring to a boil, add savory and marjoram, and then lower the heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Now slice the sausages and add them to your soup.
- Season with salt, pepper and a dash of white wine vinegar.
- Serve warm.
This soup is easy to make in large quantities.
If no green leafy vegetables are used, add more carrot, and add a little more vegetables if omitting the carrot.