Grape ketchup goes well with red meats, roast pork or chicken.
4 lb grape (seedless grapes, washed)
2 c water
1 c vinegar
3 c sugar
3 t cinnamon (ground)
2 t clove (ground)
2 t mace (ground)
2 t salt
- Place the grapes in a pot with the water, bring to a boil and cook until the grapes are cooked through and are a pulp.
- Run through a food mill reserving the liquid.
- Mix the liquid with the vinegar and boil for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Add all to the grape mix. Boil until the mixture is thick and no liquid is standing on top.
Remove seeds if using ordinary grapes.
1 hour, 15 minutes