A fine vegetarian dish for those meat free days. Serve with couscous and Mediterranean vegetables to provide a higher quality protein.
- Boil green beans for 6-8 minutes, or until tender to your taste.
- Warm chickpeas in another pan with a little water.
- Drain beans, return to the pan with 1/3 of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and keep cook gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain chickpeas if necessary, add the rest of the olive oil, salt and ground pepper, cumin and coriander.
- Mash chickpeas with a potato masher.
- Add chickpea mash to the green beans and serve warm.
Add orange zest and juice to the beans when warming with olive oil and serve with Moroccan orange almond couscous. Half and orange should be enough for 2 servings.