Grilled chicken does not need more than a sauce, some fries and a salad. to make a wonderful meal. Mind, grilling whole is only good for young chickens with tender meat
- Thread a skewer through the wings and other through the legs of each chicken to hold them flat.
- Heat the grill. Brush or spray the rack with a little oil.
- Brush the chickens with evenly with olive oil and season.
- Grill the chickens, skin side up, about 3 in from the heat for 15 minutes brushing once with olive oil.
- Turn the chicken, brush with oil and grill skin side down for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken again skin side up. Brush the mustard and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Grill skin side up for about 10 minutes more, until juices run clear and meat is tender.
If the chicken browns too quickly, place it further away from the heat.
This recipe works equally well for the broiler.
Pierce the thigh to test if the chicken is cooked.