Herb butter enhances chicken in a wonderful way. You can try mixing other other herbs for the butter to vary the flavor. Tarragon and chervil, for instance, work well together.
- Mix in herbs, garlic and lemon juice into the butter, season.
- Loosen the skin on breast and tights. Push some herbed butter under the skin; reserve remaining butter for brushing.
- Skewer the chicken. Brush with evenly with a little oil and season.
- Heat the grill. Brush or spray the rack with a oil.
- Grill the chicken skin side up for about 20 minutes; turn and grill for 15 minutes skin side down; turn once and grill skin side up for 10-15 minutes more to finish it off.
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve.
Brush a little herb butter whenever you turn the chicken.
If using the broiler, place a pan underneath to catch the juices. Baste the chicken with pan juices instead of brushing more butter.